Your personalized plan may include any of these treatments:
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- Myofascial Release
- Joint Mobilization
- Electrical Stimulation
- Resistive Exercise
- Proprioceptive Retraining
- Spinal Stabilization Program
- Postural Education
- Ergonomic Assessment & Education
- Functional Training
- Gait Analysis
AQUATIC THERAPY – BELLEVUE ONLY
Aquatic Therapy may be used to restore physical performance, from standing and walking to running and return-to-sports recovery. Our exclusive Hydroworx therapy pool incorporates a variable speed underwater treadmill, two under-water cameras for video monitoring, and variable jets to work upper and lower body muscle groups. An adjustable water floor depth allows all patients the opportunity to effectively enjoy the benefits of water resistance. Aquatic therapy speeds healing, enhances post-surgery recovery and brings relief to many health conditions.
- Accelerates rehabilitation from surgery or injury
- Protects joints during exercise
- Reduces stress on joints and muscles
- Increases strength and endurance
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
- Improves balance and coordination
- Increases muscle tone
Aquatic Therapy Treatment:
- Sports and work related injuries
- Spine and extremity injuries
- Injured athletes who need continued conditioning
Professional riders have known for years that a properly fitted bike can dramatically improve performance, minimize discomfort, and decrease the likelihood of injuries. Our therapists, experienced riders themselves, will ensure your bike is seamlessly fitted to match your body, riding style, and performance goals.
A bike fit includes: musculoskeletal evaluation, bicycle evaluation and measurements, and static and dynamic measurements on the bicycle.
- Proper stretching/strengthening to correct muscle imbalance or postural dysfunction
- Confidence that you will ride in comfort and improve performance
- Reduces your risk of injury
- Quicker recovery from a bicycle-related injuries
The motion of the golf swing, if done incorrectly, can cause injuries to many parts of the body especially the wrist, elbow, shoulder, and lower back. Most people don’t consider physical therapy until after a game-stopping injury. Our physical therapists are experts at analyzing movement, posture, and correct form with the focus of reducing your risk of injury, overcoming your current limitations, and improving your golf game. We work with all ages and abilities, beginner to pro golfer.
A Golf Evaluation will take two 45-minute sessions (two separate days). During the first session our physical therapist will perform a sports medical evaluation and take you through a series of functional tests. They will evaluate your strength, flexibility and mobility as it relates to the golf swing. Based on the findings of the evaluation they will recommend corrective exercises. The exercises will decrease the deficiencies in the body that will likely lead to injury and that are inhibiting you from reaching your full golfing potential.
On the second session a video swing analysis will be performed. The video analysis enables us to detect the most common swing faults and help you better understand your physical abilities as they relate to the golf swing.
Physical therapy combined with Pilates is a holistic approach to rehabilitation and injury prevention. The Pilates philosophy focuses on patients doing “as much as necessary and as little as possible.” The goal for every patient is to optimize the acquisition of movement, while reducing destructive forces, and progressing through more challenging movements that represent everyday activities.
- Balances strength and flexibility
- Increases core strength and stability
- Improves posture
- Easy on the joints
- Enhances functional fitness and eases everyday movement
- Improves balance, coordination and circulation
- Heightens body awareness