- Saunas, steam rooms, and whirlpools close fifteen minutes prior to Club closing time.
- Out of courtesy to employees, members are reminded to exit the Club by closing time. Locker rooms close simultaneously with the Club hours.
SEATTLE HOLIDAY HOURS
Scheduled Alterations to normal operating hours are as follows:
|New Year's Day||10 am - 3 pm|
|Easter||Noon - 7 pm|
|Memorial Day||6 am - 9 pm|
|Juneteenth||6 am - 9 pm|
|July 4th||7 am - Noon|
|Labor Day||6 am - 9 pm|
|Thanksgiving Day||7 am - Noon|
|Christmas Eve||7 am - 3 pm|
|New Year's Eve||7 am - 3 pm|
DEPARTMENT PHONE NUMBERS
|Front Desk||(206) 332-1873|
|20/20 Lifestyles||(425) 861-6258|
|Membership Sales||(425) 376-3382|
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All club policies are subject to change. Reasonable effort will be made to provide adequate notice to members when policies or rule changes are adopted.
These policies are not intended to regulate every occurrence at PRO Sports Club. Club management reserves the right to take any action necessary to protect the Club and ensure the safety and enjoyment of Club members.
The terms and conditions of the Membership Agreement executed by the member and these club policies shall be incorporated in one another. Where inconsistent, the language of the club policies shall prevail.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS
Single Memberships: Membership is for one person only.
Family Memberships: Consists of legally married couples and registered domestic partners and their unmarried children under the age of 19.
Student Memberships (Ages 19-23): Children who have been part of a family membership may continue as part of the family membership for reduced dues charge. (These dues charges are determined by Club management and are subject to change.)
RECLASSIFICATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Single members who become legally married or a registered domestic partner may add their spouse or partner to form a family membership by applying for a family add-on, paying the appropriate initiation fee, and presenting a legal marriage certificate, recognized by the State of Washington. The initiation fee shall be the published fee for the spouse or domestic partner registration add-on at the time the add-on occurs. If membership privileges are downgraded at any time, a new initiation fee is payable if the member(s) wish(es) to resume prior membership privileges at a later date.
Dissolution - In the event of a dissolution of the marriage or domestic partnership of Club members, two spouses or domestic partners who have had a family membership may continue as members. However, each person is required to pay the monthly dues of a single member. Written releases of interest in the existing family membership will be required.
Membership cards are REQUIRED to enter the Club. Check-in is expedited by the bar code on the card. There is a replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Members who have forgotten their membership card may present a driver’s license. However, recurring absence of a membership card requires the issuance of a new membership card and payment of the replacement fee. Members or guests whose photograph is not on record in the club computer system must provide photo identification. Members agree (for themselves and their minor children) to allow the Club to take head-shot photographs for placement in the Club check-in identification system.
CANCELATION OF ACTIVITIES, APPOINTMENTS, LESSONS, OR CLASSES
- Cancelations are required 24 hours before an activity, appointment, lesson, or class.
- Cancelations received less than 24 hours in advance will be charged the full amount of the activity, appointment, lesson, or class.
- No shows will be charged the full amount of the activity, appointment, lesson, or class.
The parking lot is for members and their guests only during the time they are using the Club facilities. Guests/ visitors will need to check in with the Front Desk of the PRO Sports Club – Seattle and register their vehicle so it will not be ticketed. Unauthorized parking may result in the towing of vehicles.
USE OF THE CLUB BY CHILDREN
Families are encouraged to use the club together. Children may be in the Club when properly supervised by a parent or baby-sitter, or properly using permitted facilities. Some facilities such as the Fitness & Free Weight Centers, whirlpools, and swimming pools have safety rules which restrict use by age and/or time of day. These rules are posted. The following rules also apply.
- Under the age of 8 are required to be in child care.
- Ages 8 - 11, green shoe tag required, Parents within 10 feet at all times
- Ages 12 - 16, purple shoe tag required.
- Children who use the Club facilities must have their own membership or be part of a family membership. The only exceptions are for child care (Discovery Bay) and approved lesson programs. The guest policy applies to all other children.
- The changing of diapers is restricted to the diaper changing stations.
- Same gender children permitted in same gender locker room with adult supervision.
A guest is subject to the same rules as a member. A sponsoring member must accompany all guests who intend to use any portion of the Club. There is no guest fee for guests who only purchase food or beverage in the restaurant and do not use other portions of the Club.
Members may bring an unlimited number of different guests to the Club. However, the same guest is limited to one visit per calendar month (using a paid single day pass) if the guest is using athletic portions of the Club or locker rooms (even if sponsored by different members). Normal guest fees are posted at the Front Desk. The current posted fees are as follows:
Seattle Rates (Extended Passes valid only at Seattle Location)
|Age||Pass Type||Length of Pass||Cost|
|12 Years and Older||Health Club||1 Day Pass||$20.00|
|3 Day Pass||$50.00|
|1 Week Pass||$70.00|
|2 Week Pass||$100.00|
|Under 12 years|
(accompanied by an adult)
|Health Club||1 Day Pass||$10.00|
|3 Day Pass||$20.00|
|1 Week Pass||$30.00|
|2 Week Pass||$55.00|
(Three Day, One and Two week passes are consecutive days. These extended passes are limited to a maximum of two weeks per person per calendar year.) An athletic guest using the Club a second time in the same calendar month will be charged a double guest fee and may not be permitted access.
Out of Town Guests: Guests who reside outside of King County may obtain a special guest pass good for up to two weeks of Club usage. There is a per person charge for these weekly passes. These special privileges are for occasional house guests of members. A maximum of four weeks may be purchased per calendar year for the same guest. Proof of residence is required. Non-resident guests in possession of a pass do not need to be accompanied by a member.
Junior Guest Privileges: Junior members under 18 years of age shall have a parent present if bringing a guest unless the parent has received prior approval for the guest. Junior guests are subject to the same age restrictions as members pertaining to parental supervision, Fitness & Free Weight Centers certification, and Aquatics certification.
- Club property shall not be removed from the Club or premises without written approval from the President.
- Any cost or expense resulting from damage to Club property by a member or guest shall be charged to the responsible member.
MEMBERS’ PERSONAL PROPERTY
If you find a lost item, please bring it to the Front Desk Concierge. If you lose something, stop by the Front Desk Concierge to see if it has been turned in. Because so many items are similar, we cannot positively identify them over the telephone. If identification is attached to an item, we will do our best to contact the owner.
- Items are donated to charity if they are not claimed within the following time schedule: Valuable items are held in safekeeping for 30 days.
- Moderately valuable items, such as racquets and shoes, are stored for two weeks.
- Gloves and other small items are stored for one week.
PRO Sports Club is not responsible for lost items.
Members understand and acknowledge there is risk involved in being in and around PRO Sports Club’s facilities, including, but not limited to, the risks involved in utilizing equipment or participating in any exercise or fitness activity. In consideration for being allowed to utilize PRO Sports Club’s facilities, members agree to assume the risk and full responsibility for any and all injuries, losses, or damages, that might occur to them while on the premises of PRO Sports Club or participating in any off-site PRO Sports Club program or activity; and to the maximum extent allowed by law, members agree to waive and release any and all claims, suits, or related causes of action against Professional Recreation Organization, Inc., its owners, officers, employees, or agents (collectively PRO Sports Club), for injury, loss, death, costs, or other damages to them, their heirs or assigns, or third parties for claims, suits, or related causes of action asserted against PRO Sports Club arising from their conduct while on the premises of PRO Sports Club or participating in any off-site PRO Sports Club program or activity and this waiver and release shall bind the members and their families and spouses or domestic partners, if the member is alive, as well as the estate, family, heirs, administrators, personal representatives or assigns if the member is deceased, and shall be deemed as a “Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant” not to sue PRO Sports Club. Members further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold PRO Sports Club harmless from any liability whatsoever for future claims presented by their children for any injuries, losses or damages. If any term of this waiver and release shall be found illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with any applicable law, the validity of the remaining portions shall not be affected thereby.
We will provide phone numbers or e-mail addresses of members to other members in the following circumstances:
- When a member is present at the Club and we can verify the identity of the member making the request, we will provide the information if we can verify that the phone number is needed for Club business or program purposes.
- When a telephone caller requests a member’s phone number or email, we will provide the information if the club staff can verify the identity of the caller (by voice recognition or other identification method) and also verify that the information will be used for Club business or program purposes.
MEMBER INJURIES (AND OTHER MEDICAL EMERGENCIES)
PRO Sports Club employs physicians only to advise members enrolled in programs specifically identified as “physician supervised..” It also employs physical therapists to provide treatment for patients during scheduled physical therapy appointments. These medical professionals’ services (including response to injuries and other medical emergencies) are not included in membership fees, nor are Club medical professionals scheduled to be available for response to medical emergencies or injuries.
- Soliciting for any cause other than Club related activities shall not be permitted in the common areas of the Club or on Club premises unless approved by the President.
- The PRO Sports Club address and/or telephone number shall not be listed on any private stationery or advertised as the business or residence of any member or guest.
Use of cell phones and electronic devices is prohibited in the locker rooms and Spa.
Use of cell phones is allowed in other club areas. It is requested that calls be brief and quiet so as not to disturb other members.
Photography on club premises is permitted only with prior permission of club management.
PRO Sports Club is a non-smoking facility.
- No member or guest shall reprimand any employee. Comments regarding poor service or discourtesy should be directed to Club management.
- No member or guest shall be permitted to send any employee out of the Club for any purpose or call an employee for any service which takes him or her away from assigned duties at the Club.
No firearms or weapons are permitted in the Club or on Club premises. Individuals who possess a Concealed Weapons Permit are also prohibited from bringing firearms or weapons onto Club premises.
Gambling or gaming is prohibited in the Club or on Club premises in conformity with the laws of the State of Washington.
It is the policy of PRO Sports Club that only approved PRO Sports Club staff or authorized contractors conduct instruction of any type on Club premises. People who work out together in the fitness centers are required to use equipment in a manner that maintains normal access to machines by other members. For example, groups of people should not gather around and monopolize use of a machine or weight stations for multiple sets of repetitions. Only PRO Sports Club employees may act as paid or unpaid instructors or coaches. While we allow members to work out together to help motivate each other, people participating in groups of two or more must all be working out. If one member is mostly charting, tracking, timing, organizing, or giving advice on other people’s workouts, that activity is not allowed.
- Members who desire to charge transactions to their membership account shall apply for charge privileges. A membership card must be presented to charge to a member’s account. A member is responsible for all charges made by a person in possession of his or her card. Accounts may be set up to indicate whether parents have authorized their children to charge on the account. Lost or stolen cards should immediately be reported to the accounting office.
- If a member’s check or EFT payment is returned 'NSF', a twenty-five dollar fee may be charged to the account.
- Finance charges and/or service fees may be assessed on accounts (including monthly dues) which are paid after the twenty-fifth of the month they are due.
- The Accounting Office shall notify delinquent members and prompt payment is required.
- Members whose accounts show a sixty day balance upon check-in to the Club shall be denied entrance until the sixty day balance is paid in full. Club charging privileges may also be suspended.
- Members whose accounts go beyond ninety days shall be subject to collection proceedings and/or cancelation of membership.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
(Private memberships only.*)
Voluntary Resignation: A member who does not have a membership provided by their employer may resign from the Club by giving thirty days advance written notice to the Club and paying any dues or other charges for which the member may be liable. Notification after the fifth of a month requires full payment of the subsequent month’s dues.
*For corporate membership terms, please refer to your membership agreement or contact membership at (425) 885-5566 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Involuntary Termination: Any membership may be terminated by the Club for non-payment of dues or other indebtedness, for violation of Club rules, or for conduct which the Club deems offensive or inappropriate. Notice of termination shall be given to such terminated member in writing. A hearing may be granted at the sole discretion of the Club. No further dues or assessments shall occur after termination by the Club, but the individual whose membership is so terminated shall remain liable for all sums due at the time of termination.
Athletic attire (with shirt) is acceptable in all areas of the PRO Sports Club. For safety, athletic footwear is recommended in all fitness center and athletic areas and while using all equipment. Sandals and other open-toed or open-heeled footwear, or socks, are not recommended. Bare feet are allowed only in stretching areas and classes which specifically allow barefoot participation. The following specific rules are in effect:
- Athletic attire required.
- No street clothes (zippers and rivets damage upholstery).
- For safety, athletic footwear is recommended in all fitness center and athletic areas and while using all equipment. Sandals and other open-toed or open-heeled footwear, or socks, are not recommended. Bare feet are allowed only in stretching areas and classes which specifically allow barefoot participation.
- Shirts are required at all times.
- No swimming suits.
- Remove rings to prevent possible hand injuries.
- Athletic attire.
- Shirts at all times.
- Athletic shoes only (no black or cleated soles).
PRO Sports Club strives to maintain a healthy, pleasant, non-intimidating and family-friendly environment for all members.
Therefore, PRO Sports Club restricts its members and their guests, while using a PRO Sports Club facility, from wearing any garment or displaying personal property that is inscribed, printed, or bearing patches with slogans, words, pictures, symbols or print, that may be interpreted to be profane, vulgar, supremacist, racist, sexually explicit, obscene, supportive of or oriented towards the glamorization of alcohol, tobacco or any illegal activity, derogatory towards any political party or candidate, ethnic, or religious group, or otherwise offensive in a manner that may reasonably be expected to incite hostility.
The determination as to whether a garment violates this policy is within the sole discretion of PRO Sports Club management, and PRO Sports Club staff will enforce this policy.
If a member or a member's guest fails to comply with this policy, PRO Sports Club employee(s) or management may ask that member or guest to change into clothing complying with this policy or refrain from displaying other non-compliant personal property. Any member or guest failing and/or refusing to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the premises and their club membership may be terminated.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE CONSUMPTION
Except for water bottles, food and beverage may not be brought into the Club.
WHIRLPOOL, STEAM ROOM AND SAUNA
- Soap shower is required before entering water.
- No diving.
- People with open sores or communicable diseases are not allowed.
- Food or beverages are not allowed in the whirlpool, steam room or sauna.
- The following rules regarding supervision of children are in effect (subject to State regulations):
- A parent must directly supervise children under age 8.
- These rules are subject to change according to State regulations and available supervision in the Aquatics Center.
- For whirlpool use, State law requires that all children age twelve and under be accompanied by an adult observer, and recommends that children under age six should not use a whirlpool. For your child's protection, PRO Sports Club policy is children under age 8 are not allowed.
- Persons age seventeen years or under shall not use a whirlpool alone.
FITNESS & FREE WEIGHT CENTER
- For your safety, please arrange for training on use of all equipment from a PRO Club staff member prior to use.
- For safety reasons, children under age eight are not allowed in the fitness centers. For ages 8-16, Junior Certification by the fitness staff is required and the appropriate shoe tag must be worn. Also, for ages 8-11, parents must supervise children within a ten-foot proximity, and usage is restricted to the main fitness center and specific equipment.
- Circuit Courtesy: Weight machine circuit priority is given to people who are using the machines in the designated order. Do not jump ahead into a circuit unless there is at least one empty machine between yourself and the next user. Wipe machine after use.
- Hand weights are not allowed on cardiovascular equipment.
- No food or beverage other than water bottles is allowed in the Fitness & Free Weight Centers.
- Exercise equipment used in the fitness centers is generally limited to the equipment provided by the Club. Members who wish to bring their own equipment must obtain prior approval from the fitness center manager.
- Equipment Use:
- For heath reasons, spray and wipe all equipment after use.
- Follow posted protocol when using equipment and weights.
- Return free weights to rack when finished.
- Refrain from loud outbursts and slamming weights.
- Equipment may not be reserved.
EQUIPMENT RENTAL/CHECK OUT
- Complimentary towel service is provided at the Front Desk upon presentation of a membership card.
- Complimentary locker cards are available for check out at the Front Desk - collateral exchange required.
GENERAL LOCKER ROOM RULES
- Children ages sixteen and over may use the men’s and women’s locker rooms without adult supervision.
- Contents left overnight in a day locker will be removed.
- Members may use their membership cards to activate keys in locker. PRO Sports Club is not responsible for lost cards or cards left in lockers.
- For sanitary reasons, use a towel when sitting on any surface: steam room, sauna, or lounge furniture.
- Do not leave clothing or shoes to dry in the sauna.
- No shaving in whirlpools or steam room.
- Newspapers or magazines may not be brought into whirlpools or steam room.
- When showering, gym bags and clothing should be placed in or on top of lockers.
- No hair personal dyeing allowed on premises.
- Lockers are provided for member convenience. Members agree that, for safety and security reasons, PRO Sports Club authorized personnel have the right to open and inspect lockers.
- Electronic Devices Prohibited in Locker Rooms: Due to the existence of cameras on most electronic devices, such as phones, tablets, and laptops, use of all electronic devices is prohibited in the locker rooms. Although, some devices, such as electronic readers and music players may not have cameras, for consistency of enforcement, use of all these devices is prohibited.
MEN’S LOCKER ROOM
All users must be male.
WOMEN’S LOCKER ROOM
All users must be female.
Use of Club facilities is intended for healthy people. Members and guests are advised to consult with their personal physician to determine if activities at the Club are permissible. Strenuous exercise and use of whirlpools, saunas, or steam rooms may be especially dangerous to pregnant women.
Bona fide Service Animals that conform to state and federal guidelines are allowed in the club. Otherwise, animals are not allowed in the club.